St Blazey 3 0 Wendron
11th October 2017 at 7:30pm
Blaise Park
S.W.P West

St Blazey 3v0 Wendron Att 60. (5 away)

St Blazey secured 3 points and their third win in a row and put in their best performance of the season. After a day of light rain, the pitch was greasy and in excellent condition for midweek football under the Blaise Park lights. Early on Lee Whetter had his header cleared off the line before Wendron had their first effort on goal, with a shot going well wide. Player manager Stuart Morgan was played in down the right, who’s cross come shot was all set to be finished but for a Wendron toe to clear the ball for a corner. The resulting corner was swung in and Joe Stone met the cross with a good header that went just wide of the far post. Wendron had their best chance of the match soon after when they broke away and the ball was played out to the right with just the St Blazey keeper to beat, but Chapman in goal stood up well to make the save. The loose ball was worked back to the edge of the box and the shot was drilled low and hard but right into Chapmans hands. After a lunging challenge from Paddy West who hurt himself, he went off injured and was replaced by Ollie Deadman. Morgan won back a loose ball and played in Perryman who’s low shot was comfortably saved. St Blazey were let off when a long throw out from Chapman resulted in a poor pass which left Wendron in on goal. The ball was crossed and then the shot was cleared off the line to keep the scores level. St Blazey came back after that let off, Morgan’s cross come shot tipped over the bar. Stone went on a great run who played the ball to Morgan who took on an early shot which was easily saved. In the 36th minute, the break through, Lyle Johnson intercepted the ball, Morgan took over, pass the ball out to Perryman who’s shot went through the keepers legs to put St Blazey one up. Lewis Vooght was next to test the Wendron keeper with a left foot drive. St Blazey should have doubled their lead right on half time when a ball into the box fell to Perryman who’s shot blazed over the bar.

Half Time. St Blazey 1v0 Wendron.

St Blazey came out in the second half and put in a really solid 45 minutes with some crunching tackles, and generally good play. Morgan had the first chance to double St Blazeys lead when he was played through but his chip over the keeper wasn’t strong enough and a Wendron defender got back to clear the loose ball. In the 54th minute Ryan Howe found himself going past two defenders and couldn’t get his shot away, but managed to keep the ball despite several attempts from Wendron to win the ball back. Howe laid the ball back to Johnson who’s first time drive flew past the Wendron keeper giving him no chance. A quality strike worthy of winning any game. Stuart Morgan went off and brought on new signing Matt Hayden who instantly got stuck in causing Wendron all sorts of problems and his debut goal wasn’t long in coming. In the 64th minute Vooght knocked a great ball out wide to Perryman who took on the defender and crossed low and hard and Hayden had the simple task of directing the ball home from six yards to make it 3v0. St Blazey played some excellent football and pressurised Wendron all over the pitch giving them little time to get the ball down and play. St Blazey saw the game out and secured their third win in a row after wins at Bude and St Day.

Full Time. St Blazey 3v0 Wendron.

Man of the match, Dan Perryman. Scored the 1st goal and always a threat.

St Blazey are back on their travels on Saturday away at Dobwalls with a 3pm kick off and the following Friday away at Wadebridge with a 7.30 kick off.