St Blazey 3 1 Sticker
24th July 2018 at 7.30pm
Blaise Park
Pre season friendly

St Blazey 3v1 Sticker. Att 103 (30 Away Est)

St Blazey went into their first home friendly of the season with Jack Tribble, Ryan Howe, Lyle Johnson and Shea Saunders all unavailable. St Blazey goalkeeper Toby Chapman who continues to play out field while he recovers from a broken finger started on the bench with his replacement Ben Mcilvaney taking his place in goal. Assistant manager Matt Hayden started up front with Ryan Oxley. Wayne Shailer partnered James Baker in central defence.

A bumper crowd of over 100 turned out to watch this local derby on a lovely summers evening.

Sticker kicked off kicking towards the Laundry end and created the first good chance when a good pass split the St Blazey defence but the shot was well saved to keep the scores level. St Blazey responded when a poor pass was cut out and immediately a threw ball to Ryan Oxley sent him clear on the right and his shot was heading into the top corner but for a good save. Sticker began to dominate possession mid way through the first half and created several openings. A Sticker corner was met at the far post and headered back across the penalty area and the loose ball volleyed towards goal but straight at Mcilvaney in the St Blazey goal. Stickers Bobby Hopkinson side stepped a challenge and took aim only to see his low shot creep past the far post. Just before half time Sticker had another shot saved before St Blazey broke away when the referee waved play on after a foul and the resulting shot was saved.

Half Time, St Blazey 0v0 Sticker

Sticker thought that had taken an early second half lead when the ball was punched into the St Blazey net by Mcilvaney in goal but the referee ruled it our for a push from the corner. With the scores still level, Stuart Morgan came on for Matt Hayden. St Blazey won the ball back in midfield and Morgan picked up the ball and played in McGhee who scored low in the bottom corner to put St Blazey in front. Sticker continued to create chances and another good shot needed to pushed over the bar for a corner. The corner was swung in and headed towards goal at the far post which needed another good save and the loose ball hooked clear. St Blazey were pegged back when a ball into the box was collected by the Sticker goalkeeper who quickly threw ball out to their right back. Sticker passed the ball inside before a good ball back out to the right resulted in a low cross and the Sticker forward got across his defender to hook the ball home. St Blazey responded well with a good move that needed a last ditch tackle to put the ball out for a corner. Toby Chapman on as a substitute went down the right, turning his defender and curling a shot towards goal that was easily saved. Sticker had a curling effort going wide before their best chance to take the lead. A poor pass in midfield was cut out and a quick ball over the top to the Sticker forward  who’s shot was well saved. St Blazey punished Sticker for that missed opportunity and regained the lead when Morgan won the ball in midfield, and a ball through found  McGhee unmarked who calmly chipped the advancing keeper. St Blazey added a late third when Morgan found Oxley who’s shot was cleared off the line. The ball came back to Oxley who crossed the ball to Mcghee who fired the ball into the far corner with a terrific strike.

Full Time, St Blazey 3v1 Sticker

Man of the match, Mcilvaney. Several good saves kept St Blazey in the match.

Next up for St Blazey, Saltash away on Saturday for their next pre season friendly. Kick off 3.00pm