St Blazey 1 2 Dobwalls
17th August 2019 at 3.00pm
Blaise Park
S.W.P West

St Blazey 1v2 Dobwalls Att, 50. Away 2

With Matt Hayden away, Shaun Vincent took charge for the visit of Dobwalls. Eaton and Rendle returned to the squad after being away.

The starting line up for today’s match.


Dobwalls won the toss and turned the sides around leaving St Blazey to kick towards the clubhouse end during the first half. After Fridays heavy rain, the sun shone at Blaise Park as summer briefly returned. Maybe the warm weather had an effect as the opening exchanges were slow paced and lacked a spark. With less than 10 minutes on the clock, St Blazey lost Lee Rundle to injury and just minutes later, Alexander went off injured as Shaun Vincent was left to shuffle the side around. Dobwalls had the better of the opening exchanges but it was St Blazey who took the lead after 23 minutes. Callum McGhee was played in down the left and as ex St Blazey goal keeper Toby Chapman came racing out, McGhee slid the ball inside the near post for his first goal of the season. St Blazey had the chances to double their lead and possibly kill the game off after that. Chapman made an excellent save after a good shot from the edge of the penalty area was pushed away. Rendle found himself in space on the right after a neat move but his cross come shot went over the bar when he will feel he should have done a lot better. Hogan then had a header at the near post which he just couldn’t get enough on to keep it on target. A half time lead for St Blazey but chances to increase that lead had not been taken during a lackluster first half.

First half match highlights.

Half time, St Blazey 1v0 Dobwalls

The second half got underway and St Blazey looked to be comfortable in the opening minutes. Dobwalls looked to be struggling to create any chances while St Blazey looked in control. St Blazey were awarded a free kick on the half way line which they looked to take quickly. The referee brought play back. Again St Blazey looked to take the free kick quickly but the referee wasn’t having it. Once St Blazey did take the free kick they gave the ball away straight away. Play continued until the ball went out for a throw in in front the grand stand. Discussions over who’s throw in it was left Dobwalls to take the throw in and break down the right. The cross found Scott who’s headed effort was deflected past Cole to make it 1v1. If St Blazey were shocked at that equalizer, they were even more so just a couple minutes later as they won the ball back and earned a free kick thirty yards from goal. Dobwalls took the free kick quickly with the St Blazey defence all over the place. Substitute Hayden Baugh received the ball and smashed the ball past Cole to give Dobwalls the lead. St Blazey struggled for the next 15 minutes, failing to put any real move together as Dobwalls looked the more likely to add the their tally. Cole was being kept but in the St Blazey goal making several decent saves including an excellent shot that was tipped over the bar. With time running out St Blazey pushed Dobwalls for an equalizer and although they had plenty of possession in the final moments, they could only make two half chances. After an attempt to play a one, two around the edge of the box the ball found Hogan who toe poked the ball towards goal forcing Chapman into a good save. With time running out, Mcghee had a chance to score but again, Chapman smothered his effort well. Dobwalls seen the match out to take all three points and leave St Blazey with just one win from their opening three matches.

Second half match highlights.

Full time, St Blazey 1v2 Dobwalls

For more photos from todays’ match, click on the link below. Thank you to Dave Deacon and Cornish football.

Man of the match, Jamie Willmott

Joint manager Shaun Vincent had this to say about his performance.


Joint manager, Shaun Vincent had this to say after today’s defeat.


Next up for St Blazey, a mid week trip west to take on Penzance under floodlights on Wednesday night. Kick off 7.30pm