Callington Res 1 2 St Blazey
8th August 2018 at 7.30pm
Ginsters Marshfield Parc
Pre season friendly

Callington Res 1v2 St Blazey Att 23 (5 away)

With Saturdays match against Tavistock reserves cancelled this fixture was arranged to get one final run out before the season begins on August 18th when Ludgvan are the visitors to Blaise Park.

Callingtons pitch looked in fantastic condition after so much hard work was put in to host Plymouth Argyle in a pre season friendly. With their ground improvements, Callington’s ground is looking very smart. New tarmac hard standing, a new stand and fencing among the improvements.

St Blazey had the best of the opening ten minutes controlling the game before the were hit with the sucker punch when Callington took the lead against the run of play. Callington then took the game to St Blazey and had several opportunities to double their lead. They failed to take their chances and payed the price just before half time when Morgan went round the goalkeeper to make it 1v1 shortly before half time.

Half time, Callington Res 1v1 St Blazey

St Blazey were awarded a penalty when the returning Ollie Kennedy was brought down in the area. Elliot Rendle stepped up and blasted the penalty high over the bar. Morgan had a header clear the bar before St Blazey took the lead. A long ball over the top found Tribble who held up the ball and as the Callington goal keeper came out he curled a shot into the far corner despite the best efforts of the defender on the line. Callington almost equalised straight away but a shot from the edge of the area was well saved low to the goalkeepers right. Morgan had a half volley saved before another penalty was awarded. Vooght stepped up but the penalty this time was saved.

Full time, Callington Res 1v1 St Blazey

Man of the match, Ollie Kennedy. Showed some good skill and neat touches down the left hand side on his return.

Next up for St Blazey, the season opener at Blaise Park on Saturday August 18th when Ludgvan are the visitors. Kick off 3.00pm