Bude Town 1 3 St Blazey
30th September 2017
Broadclose Park
S.W.P West

Bude Town 1v3 St Blazey. Att: 67 (19 away)

St Blazey fans made the 78 mile round trip to North Cornwall hoping to see St Blazey win only their second game of the season. St Blazey had James Baker and Lee Whetter making their full debuts. With the rain holding off, St Blazey started knocking the ball around on a tricky surface. With the pitch slopping down hill from the centre spot in both directions it was never going to be a classic. Bude should have taken the lead  when a mistake from Baker left the Bude forward the chance to score but his wild effort flew over the bar. An early let off for St Blazey. St Blazeys first chance came when Skirton got to the by line and his low cross was cleared as Paddy West was ready to slot home. Lee Whetter picked up a loose ball and crossed but player manager Morgan could only head wide. The returning Perryman looked dangerous and his shot went just wide as St Blazey looked the more likely. Bude were awarded a free kick after Baker gave away a freekick. The freekick was driled low and hard and went just wide of the post. Lyle Johnson was booked after 23 minutes for kicking the ball away. Minutes later Lyle was tripped after a mazy run. Morgan stepped up and struck it low and hard but the Bude keeper made a comfortable save. Perryman had the next couple of efforts but the opening goal wasnt forth coming. Baker hobbled off injured in the 43rd minute and was replaced by Joe Stone.

Half Time. Bude Town 0v0 St Blazey.

Bude started the second half and were awarded an early free kick that was crossed and in the scramble to clear the ball, the ball broke free leaving Bude to score from 2 yards in an almost open net. St Blazey didnt let their heads drop and were straight on the attack and forced a corner which Johnson swung in, which missed everyone and with two St Blazey players there to knock it in they ended up almost controlling it and the loose ball was cleared. Skirton who looked dangerous through out the game was next to fire over the bar after a good knock down. A foul on Morgan gave St Blazey a free kick out wide which was crossed deep. The ball was headed back and touched to Paddy West who’s low shot took a slight deflection and flew in the bottom corner for the equaliser. St Blazey were now well on top, within a minute Morgans cross was volleyed against the bar by Paddy West and Perrymans curling effort flew just over the bar. Skirton then smashed the bar with a great effort from a tight angle and a Harry Eaton cross had to be tipped on to the bar to keep Bude level. Whetter was booked in the 67th minute before another St Blazey cross was met by the advancing Joe Stone who’s header was powered home. Perryman almost made it 3 when Skirton crossed but he couldnt volley home. In the 75th minute Morgan was replaced by the returning Dan Bennett and Paddy West was replaced by Yeoman. Dan Bennett was booked for a poor challenge out wide. With only 1 goal in it, Bude were never out of it and in the final few minutes they launched long balls into the box but St Blazey held on. Chapman in goal collected one cross and quickly cleared out to the left to Skirton who drove into the box, squared the ball to Perryman who fired into the roof of the net to secure a much needed 3 points.

Final Score. Bude Town 1v3 St Blazey.

St Blazey now travel to St Day next Saturday in the 1st round of the Cornwall Senior Cup.

Stuart Morgan’s freekick saved in the 25th minute at Bude Town.